Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Jason Rodriguez Blog 1 D.C. Trip! :)


Jason Rodriguez, Sixth grade, Houston East End Greenbelt GreenSchools! Green Ambassador - Jackson Middle School


It’s an amazing experience to be here in Washington D.C. at the 2015 Environmental Justice Conference and to talk in front of hundreds of people! It’s not easy to talk, but since I spoke from what’s in my heart, I am happy about my speech. I know everything went well, I think they felt what I meant. After I was done talking, I was interviewed by people. Yeah...I am a kid, but I am never too small to make a difference! : ) Then people started  talking to me and asking questions... like how it makes me feel to work in my community. But, I say...it’s what my heart desires, and that I aim to always go forward, not the past but the future. I am

Thankful for the U.S. Forest Service, and the Friends of the National Forests and Grasslands in Texas -Latino Legacy and my principal for giving me this opportunity to talk to leaders about what’s going on in the community that I live. To share with other communities that are going through the same struggle. Also to be careful of bad foods we eat and the bad habits we may have by eating unhealthy fast foods. To advocate to pick organic/fresh foods and not the process food from our local stores. You can grow your own food in your backyard and share them with your neighbors. You may also create a business selling organic foods to your neighbors or start community gardens to restore our nation’s health and teach others not to eat empty calories. In the East End, we planted over a hundred fruit trees, we want our community to harvest fruit and to lend a hand and care for the land. We are happy to be able to work as a team and hope you join us! :)


A few Houston East End Greenbelt Green Ambassadors in front of the U.S. Forest Service Building March 2015.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't wait to start planting fruits and veggies in my backyard. I'm sure your speech went amazing :)

    ReplyDelete